1) Nutsche Filter
The Nutsche Filter is the industrial version of the well-known laboratory scale Buchner Funnel except that it is designed to operate under either on vacuum or pressure. In their modern version they were developed in the early 80’s and the majority operates, usually under pressure, in batch oriented industries such as fine chemicals, dyes, pharmaceutics and pesticides.
Nutsche Filters are available in almost any size with the larger machines for a slurry filling batch of 25 m3 and a cake volume of 10 m3. Such filters have a filtration area of 15 m2 and are suitable for fast filtering slurries that produce readily 0.5 m thick cakes.
2) Agitated Nutsche Filter
The Agitated Nutsche filter is a Nutsche type filter designed to separate solids from liquids. It is totally enclosed and is normally operated under pressure or under vacuum. Additionally, the equipment is fitted with a stirrer mechanism which efficiently agitates the slurry during cake washing, smoothens and squeezes the cake during filtration and assists in the automatic discharge of the cake.
SALIENT FEATURES :
• Designed and Manufactured to suit critical hygienic conditions of pharma and food industries. (cGMP MODEL) and also for STERILE Applications.
• Offered in various materials of constructions, like stainless steel, Hastelloy C-276, Hastelloy C-22, Titanium, carbon steel, rubber lined and lead lined.
• Offered in a wide range of filtration area capacities from 2 Ltrs up to 15000 Ltrs. (4.5 mt. dia.)
• Method of operation is totally enclosed, neat and hygienic. These conditions are excellent for solvent recovery, handling of sterile compounds or toxic and hazardous materials without human intervention.
• Enables easy non-manual and automatic cake / solid discharge. Scraper blade is provided to scrap the material which may stay on shell.
• The unit is designed with minimum maintenance features.
• Hollow Shaft and Hollow Blades for thorough drying.
• Specially designed tank cleaning nozzle is provided for thorough cleaning of inside of filter body. (CIP)